Sunday, May 31, 2009
The applique has been finished for some time now and finally I have finished sewing the buttons & hemming the dress.
The dress is made from calico - I made the dress because I wanted to test how the felt applique lasts after being washed multiple times. The entire garment has been an experiment.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
I suppose that I have stayed away due to fear - a great apprehension that I will become addicted and buy too much. My first purchase has been a modest one - 6 metalic buttons and 1 pretty vintage button.
There are a lot of wonderful commodities out there to buy...
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
...but my personal favourite (and now I am just kicking myself that I didn't buy it) is this fetching number...
We spent the day indoors today. We amused ourselves for sometime creating with play-doh. Master E. really enjoyed himself, together we made a sunsmart elephant.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
I also decided that little footprints might be a cute touch on the hat's brim. The experiment wasn't a complete disaster and I certainly learnt from the exercise but there is unquestionably scope for improvement...
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
My mother has recently been cleaning out her home of all the junk that she has hoarded over the years. As a result a rather large parcel of fabric off cuts she has kept over the years, and can't bring herself to throw away, has come to me.
I made this dress using the off cuts of material that had been used to make my father & brother t-shirts during the 1980s.