Wednesday, August 26, 2009

the final incandescent

our last incandescent bulb
Incandescent bulbs are now banned in Australia and tonight we used our last "old fashioned" bulb - from now on it will be the new environmentally savvy florescent bulbs for us.
A strange thought occurred to me as I fetched the bulb from the laundry stores - this household item that has been so common and familiar to me throughout my life will, to my children, be an antiquated relic. An object representing old fashioned ways and the past.

1 comment:

  1. Isnt that strange... I never really thought about it like that, but you are right, its a relic.

    Better buy up a heap in that case, they'll be worth a fortune as antiques in years to come LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.