Sunday, September 20, 2009

100

This is my 100th post - and I have to say that I'm suffering a bit of blogger's block feeling the pressure of becoming a centurion in blogosphere.

I am actually surprised to even find myself tapping on the keys writing this post, as I'm not really sure why I started blogging. I've been considering my reasons over this weekend. Some clues can be found in the title I chose. I decided on "Virtually Sally ... almost me" for a number of reasons. Most obviously I liked the whole idea of a 'virtual' self being my introduction to the interweb, but the tag line "almost me" alludes to a journey of re-discovery, a quest to find myself.

In the transition from "full-time" (8-ish hours a day) paid employee to full-time (24/7) unpaid Mama I have somehow managed to lose myself. I'm not who I was and with two children now I never will be. So I'm "almost me" and this blog is an account of the journey to find me.

At the time I started this blog we received a box of fabric remnants for my son to craft with and it was this that re-ignited my interest in sewing. There were pieces of fabric that were just too yummy to watch a two year old cut up and paste with. My sewing machine had travelled Australia with me, but when I started writing this blog I was unsure of how to thread it. Four months later and I feel like I could thread the machine with one hand tied behind my back. Creating started as play but now it is so much more.

The search for patterns and tutorials online led me to discover a beautiful blogosphere - a community of people reflecting on their daily lives, interests and creations. Kylie at 3 Sheets and Cath at Chunkychooky have both recently pondered the marvelous sense of community derived from blogging and I echo their sentiments. It is certainly a remedy to the isolation that I sometimes feel at home with my two young children.

The journey that I have started has led me to try new things including sewing, ebay, embroidery, and printing. There are so many more things that I want to try... so stayed tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 100 to you. The whole bloggy thing can be a bit of a rollercoaster ride I reckon, but top of my list is the way it opens my eyes a little wider and holds me accountable - and with a whole community of support out there if you forget to thread a needle (there'll be a tute somewhere!)...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.