Tuesday, September 1, 2009

are you there god? it's me jane eyre ...huh?

Pip over at meet me at mikes is facilitating a bookclub. The novels for the upcoming month are Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre and Judy Blume's Are You There God? Its Me Margaret.

I've read both more than once but it has been a while since I've turned their pages. With every re-read of a novel something new is learnt - either about the text or about one's self. Both texts examine the journey from child to woman but in very different times and place. Great choices...

***chuckling to myself***
As I write this post I am taken by the thought of Jane Eyre at Gateshead Hall hidden away in some corner flapping her arms about chanting "I must! I must! I must increase my bust!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.