Friday, September 25, 2009

a brilliant idea

Last week, after writing about my dismay at being gifted a onesie with what I felt was offensive text, Sam of Jetta's Nest suggested that I embroider a correction. A brilliant idea that appealed to me on so many levels. So last night, while I 'bonded' with my partner watching the Grand Final Footy Show, I did some stitching. I love the result. Ms. M wore the onesie this morning to play group and it received rave reviews. Thanks so much Sam for this fantastic solution.


Ms. M's got the spunky attitude to pull it off...

9 comments:

  1. That's perfect!! I love it. Brilliant suggestion from Sam. Very neat stitching by you, might I add.
    I was hand-stitching in front of 'Before the Game' (ug) last night... finishing off some little felt booties from the pattern you pointed me to. Hand-stitching is perfect for such bonding moments isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You've done an amazing job and your little Miss M looks absolutely gorgeous in it.

    Mmmm...bonding craft....it's when I crochet my best work!!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is perfect! Wow Sally. You changed it from an offensive slogan to one that acknowledges how amazing little people are. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I've never thought to sew a correction into some of the 'hand-me-downs we get given - so many of them go into the donation bin as we find the statement or sentence 'not to our liking'. Great idea and super nice stitching too. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is it with offensive onesies, they are everywhere. I LOVE your statement so true and so very wise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with that onesie. I can't stand all those slogan tops but especially the baby ones. Your model is divine, I love her spunky attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic!

    Who make these onsies?! Who buys them? I have seen some cute ones, but this was not cute at all, not until you stitched over it! And she sure does have the attitude to make it work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just FABULOUS! Good on you :) K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.