Wednesday, September 30, 2009

an exaggerated need to crochet

image from here

I don't know how to crochet... but I have determined that I need to know.

I am really loving sewing but it is not particularly portable. I see crochet as something I could easily put in a bag and take with me on my daily adventures 'just in case' a moment availed itself.

My family gave me a crochet hook for mother's day this year ... but I'm yet to use it. Got the books. Looked at youtube. Found a friend to teach me. Now all I've got to do is ... well... do it!!!

A person who crochets the fancy stuff is Laurel from Miss Muggins. Pop over to her place to check out her beautiful work and while you're there enter her giveaway.

And if you're as intrigued by crochet as I am then pack your mask and snorkel and take a trip here.

2 comments:

  1. Check out tha attick24 blog. I learnt all the basics off her granny square tutorial. She has simple steps and great clear pics. But be warned....it is highly addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crochet is fun! Take a deep breath and take the plunge - it will be worth it. Oh, and I agree with Kate: Attic24 is fantastic, and addictively inspirational :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.