Sunday, September 20, 2009

eye spy ... an inspirational person in my life

Cindy of bugandpop asked me to choose this week's eye spy theme. I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time, although I do recall fending off a barrage of cushions being hurled at me by Master E, but the theme has resulted in much contemplation on my part.

With so many inspirational people in my life how can I choose just one?

It goes without saying that my partner and children are truly the greatest inspirations in my life. Linda Evangelista wouldn't get out of bed for less than $10000 a day, but for these folk I'll roll out of bed completely sleep deprived and for free! They inspire me to be the best self that I can be.

Famous people like Hillary Clinton, Julia Gillard, Cate Blanchett and Cathy Freeman came to mind and then I became side tracked considering the differences between admiration and inspiration - but I'll save those musing for another time. I'll just note that I admire Cathy Freeman as an athlete but she hasn't really inspired me to go for a walk let alone a jog!

So who does inspire me?



Reading Gina's blog has really impacted on my day to day life. She has inspired me to reach for the bi-carb and vinegar, to consider the possibilities of refashioning and upcycling. Traditionally I have been clutter-phobic but she has even inspired me to re-evaluate my attitudes towards clutter.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I feel very very honoured. Thank you Sally. It's very much a two-way street...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Gina is fab, too. Anyone who can lovingly embroider swineys as gifts is a true original!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more Sally. Ms Clutterpunk is quietly unassuming, very clever and genuinely thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. There are some truly lovely people in blogland aren't there. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the lovely Gina has quite some fan club! This girly included...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina is a rockin' bodacious babe :) K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.