Tuesday, October 13, 2009

filmtober - Julie and Julia

image from here
It has been a long time since I've seen a movie and longer still since I have seen one at a cinema. Tonight I managed to get myself to see the film Julie & Julia. I enjoyed it very much. It wasn't a masterpiece of cinema but the themes relating to blogging I found particularly enjoyable. Better still was watching a film that examined two women's journeys without having the primary focus on their relationships with men.

Today I am feeling a bit of 'blogtoberfest-fatigue' so in that sense it was an odd film to see, yet strangely appropriate because it has at least given me something to blog about.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this movie a lot, even more than I did the book! Meryl Streep is so fantastic in it.

    We're almost at the Blogtoberfest mid-point - don't give up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only movies I ever get to see are kiddy friendly ones so I'll probably see it once its on dvd. I hope you bounce back from you blogtoberfest fatigue soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it too. I agree Meryl is amaing in it, I wish she could be my best friend - what a funny woman hehe x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.