Tuesday, October 6, 2009

frocktober - 100% original

This little frock is 100% originally me! ...well as original as anything can be I suppose. It is certainly unique and there is no other like it. I drew on my growing experience making dresses for Ms. M to freehand sketch a pattern, including lining. I was playing with a circle drawer thingie (what is the name for it... a piece of plastic with loads of circle holes that you trace your pencil around???) I'm pretty sure it was while 'watching' the footy show and I used those fallen birds again. The frock is fully lined. The clip is the wrong size but again this process was for the pleasure of experimentation - to see if I could do it.

Looks good hey?

There is a catch. Ms. M hasn't tried it on - and I'm not sure that I want her to. I am so satisfied just looking at it hanging on a hanger!

8 comments:

  1. Looks great!! I need some practice at little lined dresses - I'm doing my first one at the moment, and it's quite OK but the lining isn't sitting as nicely as I'd like. Oh well, I'll just need to make a few more ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it- I love the circle in the back so much!!! ITS GORGEOUS! well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in LOVE. Can you make one for me?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous dress Sal, everytime I read your blog my sewingmachine calls for me to come get it out of the cupboard... still need to clear a bunch of stuff though to have the room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so sweet. The colour is great and I love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOUR original little frock is just beautiful. The circle looks great - what a clever thing you are. I love how the lining matches the gorgeous birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really beautiful. My friends have just had baby girls and I'm getting frock inspiration. I love the little birds on the front. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.