Thursday, October 29, 2009

just a minute ...in october

I'm playing along with the JAM fun @ August Street...

Reading... lots of blogs participating in blogtoberfest.

Sewing... frocks, pants, grocery and vegge bags.

Watching... my daughter getting closer to taking her first steps - any day now.

Listening... Lily Allen's album as I screenprint late at night in the kitchen. I *heart* her lyrics. Also re-visiting Single Gun Theory's album Flow, River of My Soul. Tom Waits has also been on a lot this past month as my partner borrowed a four cd set from the city library.

Thinking... "F@#k! What am I going to blog about today?"

Tasting... lots of yummy cheese that has been on special at a local grocer.

Enjoying... our first day 35 degree day!

Learning... crochet! LOVE IT!!! I'm getting really really addicted.


Answering... lots of questions such as "why does it rain?"; "what is the shopping trolley thinking?"; "where does it come from?"; "why?"; "why?"; "why?"

Discovering... that there is a lot of merit to the saying "a stitch in time saves nine" espcially when negotiating with my toddler.

5 comments:

  1. hello. x
    I think Busy has just entered the " question" phase... yesterday she asked Chef "can you hug e-phalents? do they bite? what do they eat? where are they hiding?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Thinking" and "answering" made me laugh out loud!
    BTW if you find out what shopping trolleys are thinking could you let me know so I can figure out how to convince them to go the right way when loaded with kids and food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lily Allen's lyrics are great. I saw her live about a month ago, and it was a whole lot of fun!

    Awwwn, dealing with toddlers is sweet, but a lot of work. I don't have kids, but I have a younger sister, and I used to take care of her when she was little (now she's 12 and acting all grown-up. Man, they grow up FAST!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The question with a gazillion answers: 'Why?' Oh good luck with all the answering! That takes creativity in itself.

    I haven't touched crochet yet (it's on the list) because I have heard just how addictive it really is...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quite a lot of productivity there for someone with an almost-walker and a frequent talker!! Sewing, screen-printing and crochet (in 35 degree heat?!)

    Oh and I love the why questions! We're not quite there yet with my older boy (2.5), it's all about 'what does it DO?' 'Mummy, what do bananas DO? What do places DO?' great, strange questions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.