Thursday, October 15, 2009

my creative space - feat. the play dough rolling pin

Last week I was imagining a lot of free-flowing creativity with the ol' polymer clay that I purchased on impulse at my local craft store. Sounded easy enough. Just go with the flow, get in touch with my creative self, let the clay lead the way. That very night I sat for ages just looking at the clay... I didn't even feel inspired enough to open the packaging. The next evening I had a glass of wine (or maybe there were two) and I felt wonderful - the creative opportunities were endless... but I sat pondering them just a little too long in a comfy chair and nodded off to sleep! So today, while Master E. has been out I have raided his play dough supplies... and this is what I have come up with so far.

A long creative journey lays ahead and I have just taken a very small step... but we're going somewhere.

For something a little more inspiring head over to Kirsty's for more creative spaces.

10 comments:

  1. It's funny - how it can be hard to be purely creative (ie - without some kind of a 'plan'.) However, I think that getting the toy out put you on the right track.

    I hope that you're able to have a creative break-through... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never made anything with polymer clay but it would be fun to try one of these days. I hope you get some nice inspiration and come up with something interesting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm...maybe some fun buttons..after all a girl can never have too many buttons..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to see what comes up!!
    I am sure you can do some cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of those rolling pins at my place - never thought of using it for my crafting though... ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! I had a good giggle when you nodded off to sleep. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's so funny because I was in Lincraft a little while ago and I saw the Fimo stand and I couldn't resist buying the glow in the dark clay. I loved it when I was a kid. I made a couple of little figurines out of it, and they really do glow. Childish fun all 'round! I'd love to see what you end up making.

    x Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waiting to see what you do with it! Have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like fun! Some cool buttons maybe? I spend a lot of time just looking at my crafting stuff - very therapeutic, hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.