Thursday, October 15, 2009
potatotober - dressed in clouds
Remember my potato prints? Here is the little smock dress that I made using the material. I'm really happy with how it turned out - but disappointed too. You see, it actually turned out much better than I could ever have imagined it would but because my expectations had been so low I didn't take the time and care to ensure that it was finished off nicely on the inside. The side seams are, of course, french (because this is a skill that I am practising at the moment) but there are raw edges inside at the back. The material isn't fraying - I have put this little smock through the wash a few times now to road test the potato print - and you can't actually tell when Ms. M is wearing it... but I know.
The lesson learnt: have more faith in myself and that my little experimental projects might be a success after all.