Thursday, October 15, 2009

potatotober - dressed in clouds


Remember my potato prints? Here is the little smock dress that I made using the material. I'm really happy with how it turned out - but disappointed too. You see, it actually turned out much better than I could ever have imagined it would but because my expectations had been so low I didn't take the time and care to ensure that it was finished off nicely on the inside. The side seams are, of course, french (because this is a skill that I am practising at the moment) but there are raw edges inside at the back. The material isn't fraying - I have put this little smock through the wash a few times now to road test the potato print - and you can't actually tell when Ms. M is wearing it... but I know.

The lesson learnt: have more faith in myself and that my little experimental projects might be a success after all.

4 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous Sally. Well done. The print and the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very sweet, even if you are aware of the flaws. No one else will be :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely, well done! And definitely you should practice having more faith in yourself. I am constantly surprised when my projects 'work', I'm trying to retrain my thinking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.