Friday, October 2, 2009

rocktober - if ya like it then ya better put a ring on it - uh uh aahh

What is the worse song you can imagine having stuck in your head during labour?

Image from here

This past December while labouring with my daughter Ms. M I had Beyonce's "Single Ladies" stuck in my head. Another posterior baby I did end up sucking down the gas... which just made Beyonce's annoying lyrics even louder and louder in my mind. I'm not sure what was more horrific: the spine on spine action, another emergency c-section or that {beeeeeep} song???

Here is an interesting post I found about the song & social conservatism. Check it out if you're interested.

ETA - link doesn't seem to work anymore - sorry.

1 comment:

  1. I so Know how that feels! When i was in labour with my eldest, it was spice girls, if you wanna be my lover. playing on the radio. i ended up screaming at them to switch it of and still that damn song stuck in my head! lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.