Tuesday, November 10, 2009

introducing doggy

He's finished!

I think he has turned out rather well. Need to work on my invisible stitching - this little doggy looks like he has been in for a bit of back surgery - but all in all a rather reasonable effort. As I was satin stitching his eyes Amy Winehouse was singing "cupid draw back your bow and let your arrow go - straight to my lover's heart from me" through my stereo. Is it just me or can you see it in his eyes?

And... the winner of my personal softie challenge is...

Cathie of Melbourne Epicure!

Thanks to all for your encouraging comments. Very motivating indeed - it is certainly rare for me to finish a project so quickly.

9 comments:

  1. He is massively cute! Love your 'woof' touch on the ribbon, very sweet. Isn't it great to get a project completed quickly? I wish it happened to me more often! I just posted last night about a very old UFO I discovered amongst my stuff - I really really need to practice finishing things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! and Cathie is a true gem, those kiddies of hers are going to LOVE that mighty fine dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so darn cute! You've done an absolutely fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!!! thank you so very, very much!!!
    I was following your fabulous progress thinking.."wow, I wish I could make that"
    fabulous, thank you so very, very much for making such a gorgeous softie & for me winning, yay again ♥
    I love your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's adorable Sally - does he have a name or are you leaving that for Cathie to do??
    The dog fabric was perfect and the 'woof' on the collar is a lovely touch.
    Well done to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, he looks gorgeous...nice job... I have to say I love the fabric you made him from, it realy works well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is adorable Sal, what will the next one be?! Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks Sally for my beautiful softie, he arrived this morning so very early and made me smile!
    he definitely is sooo cute in real life, thanks again, now the dilemma of which little child will be lucky enough to have him

    ReplyDelete
  9. he is just delightful, well done, adore the fabric, so very very cute

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.