Wednesday, November 18, 2009

lookout popeye here I come!

We've had a lot of beautiful lush spinach growing in our raised vegetable garden. The garden bed, which we built in July of this year, has settled over the months and was overdue for a top-up before planting the spring veges. So, all the spinach was harvested...


Half of our spinach crop filled one storage container.

For the past fortnight we've been eating lots and lots of dishes that use lots and lots of spinach. My personal favourite is spanakopita but the spinach torte is pretty good too!

Good thing I built up my muscles like popeye because over the past couple of days I've been working out in the garden planting all the spring veges - mother nature gave me a helping hand today with some significant down pours of rain. The veges have had a good watering in... but you'll have to wait for photos.

2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing Sally! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally,
    I adore your blog particularly your posts about gardening. I have raised-bed garden envy! Indira

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.