Tuesday, November 24, 2009

softie for mirabel

I made a commitment, sometime ago now, that I would make a softie for the mirabel foundation. Now I also said that I wasn't going to post until I'd finished a project... but I couldn't help myself. Blogging is the perfect form of procrastination when unfinished projects are getting out of hand. Finally however I pleased to share with you a finished project.

The very generous Leonie from Raglan Guld gave away fabric to make softies with. So, since I'd joked that my third softie ever would be a hairy princess (albeit waxed in all the right places) here she is:
I used a pattern from Embroidered Treasures by Claire Garland that I borrowed from my local library. The hair, whilst taking longer to do than I had anticipated, was fun. I kept imagining a small child playing with her hair as I had done with my dolls. I considered whether or not I should give her a little trim before I sent her on her merry way - but decided against it - leaving that pleasure to her new BFF.

7 comments:

  1. SHe's adorable. Love the trim on her little smock too... but the hair is the crowning glory. Rapunzel, Rapunzel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she's gorgeous, well done :) Someone is going to love her very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Really. She is so lovely & will be adored, without a doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW FANTASTIC!!! I think she is MAGIC...maybe her name can be Rapenzel !! (Oh...I have just read Gina's....Hey great minds....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's great, I promised myself to make a doll for mirabel. I wonder if it's too latte?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too latte!!! I mean late, or maybe subconsciously I really did mean latte. Hmmm, it's only 10pm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doll hair is on my list to have a good go at one day! You have done a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.