Saturday, January 23, 2010

mr 3

E.E. celebrated his third birthday today. No longer a baby or toddler he is now a young boy. Day by day he becomes increasingly independent – he makes his own weet-bix in the morning, puts his dirty clothes in the laundry, ‘reads’ books to his parents, and packs his own bag for day care. He is becoming quite the back seat driver telling me when I am going too fast or too slow and warning me of imminent dangers such as stray herds of elephants on the Perth freeways. He has the most wonderful imagination and often relates to me tales of his exciting adventures.

birthday boy

IMG_0345We had a quiet day today. We ate cake and ice cream and played with his new toys. Tomorrow he is having a party.

Happy Birthday my gorgeous E.

17 comments:

  1. Cake, ice cream, new toys - sounds like a perfect day to me. Happy Birthday to Mr 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your wee man. Looks like you all had a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, happy birthday & here is to a wonderful party!

    My little brother, who is 17, doesn't make his own weetbix in the morning... so well done there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday E, congrats to you Mumma for making it through 3 years!!! My Little Guy celbrates 2 soon (he is also an E)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday little man! Sounds like the most wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy day to you Mr E! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday Mr E. hope you eat lots of cake and get big squishy cuddles allll day long

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you all have a great day , Happy Birthday !

    ReplyDelete
  9. You gotta watch out for those elephants. They can sneak up on you....

    *is now hungry for cake*

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I am weeping with you at the loss of baby...Happy 3 E!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww happy birthday - great pics and I bet the cake was super yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi and happy birthday to your big little boy! My little one is turning two in two weeks and I feel the same as you! Hope you survived the party! I'm dreading ours when I think about the temperature. We are having it at 9.30 am and still it's going to be HOT! I love the cake face! And I love the locks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you did a fantastic job on E's birthday crown, i was eagerly awaiting a post revealing what the star was on. i bet he loved it. hope you all had a great day and are getting in a bit of relaxing after birthday and birthday party chaos

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday!! Oh fun & games tomorrow with a zillion 3 year old boys. Enjoy, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Bday to your little man, hope the party is loads of fun too!

    Great pic of him at the top of the post- a real winner of a look.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday to your big boy Sally, I hope the party was a hit today. That cake looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday handsome young man! X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.