Saturday, February 13, 2010

fabric choices

I was passing by a fabric store the other day and decided that I might just “pop” in to have look. As a means of keeping Mr. 3 occupied I offered to buy one fat quarter that he chose himself. I was rather surprised, yet impressed, with his final choice. It isn’t something that I would have chosen. I’m not that attracted to brown. I love the pattern though. The women in the store kept trying to steer him in the direction of the children’s novelty prints – but he wouldn’t have a bar of it. He knew what he liked.

E's fabric choice

8 comments:

  1. Good on Mr. 3 on sticking by his guns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My four-year-old girl constantly surprises me with her choices in most things. She chooses bold colours over girly pinks, things with wheels over dolls, and in fabric shops she often pulls out fabrics that take her fancy.... often not the kids prints. I think that people often limit kids choices to stereotypes and the kids think that that's what they should choose. I'm all for letting them know their own mind. Good on Mr 3 for knowing what he likes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent, Mr 3.

    I'm yet to follow through, but I have decide it’s high time to stop being so boringly anal about fabric choices. I'm planning a blindfolded (pah! to dignity!) visit to a fabric shop, because frankly I'm bored with the stuff I would usually choose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so fabulous. I have a 10-year-old like that, so utterly decisive in everything... isn't it a joy? Kx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's quite a manly print Sal!
    Good on him for sticking to his guns and not being swayed by puppies and rockets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My poor set of 4 children have grown up in haberdasheries & to keep my son occupied i'd plop him down in front of the buttons, where he's sort them into colours & sizes (you know, the button mess at Spotlight for example). Tip for young players, love Posie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.