Sunday, February 28, 2010

just a minute… in february

Listening… to Paul Simon’s Graceland album in the car. I had an ‘OMG’ moment when I realised that the album is over twenty years old and I still don’t know most of the words to most of the songs!  Mr.3 still requests “the crying song” on our daily travels – which is R.E.M’s Everybody Hurts – he just can’t get enough of it, asking me lots of questions about it’s meaning as we drive around town. Other music pumping out the house, Passion Pit Manners, Yeah Yeah Yeahs Its Blitz and Royksopp Junior.

Reading… not much. Just haven’t seemed to be able to find the time.

Sewing… pyjamas, more dress up capes and a baby suit. Also finished a little Enid Gilchrist outfit for Ms. M. I actually started it the night before her first birthday – but on the day decided as a dress it was too short and it needed some pants. A good decision – particularly in light of some recent growth spurts!  She looks totally adorable in it!enid gilchrist top with no pattern pants

Crocheting… granny squares!!! Started the month fixing lots and lots of small squares for my footy scarf.fixing granny squares in the carI have since been working on bigger squares for my first every granny square blanket. Exciting times.

Growing…  zucchini zucchini zucchini. Thank goodness the vines are starting to die. I've hit zucchini overload. At the end of this month I find the garden needing a bit of work to prepare it for the change of season. Lots of plants have taken a bit of hit in the recent hot weather.

Playing… lots of dress-ups.

my little piratesuper M

We’ve spent lots of evenings at the beach enjoying the last precious moments of summer. Mr 3 thought playing in the sand in his pyjamas was brilliant fun.playing at the beach in pyjamas

Developing… Ms M is talking more and more each day. She started swimming lessons this month and took to it like a duck to water. Mr. 3 has really got into the swing of 3+ kindy and his ‘pretend’ role play has been taken to an even more imaginative level.

5 comments:

  1. Love love love the dress ups and the wee outfit for Ms M, very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was so thinking of JAM-ing yesterday! But I didn't. I love your pyjamas. I love the idea of pjs at the beach too. Your kids are gorgeous as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I discovered your blog from My Favourite's February challenge. I participated in January's challenge, but I chickened out of February.. I might still try something though. But I wanted to say I love the 'headings' that you've used in this post "Listening, Reading, Sewing, Growing etc..." They're such a great idea and I bet they really help prompt you on what to write. I might try something similar myself soon :) Great blog, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - where to start?! Love your eclectic music taste and your little one's questions about the meaning - what a smartie! The sewing - that outfit looks simply adorable, what a great job you've done. Gorgeous little ones. They look so happy. best of luck using up that zucchini, I heard of a chocolate zucchini recipe somewhere..maybe a good way to disguise the vegies?! http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Chocolate-Zucchini-Cake-L1685.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet PJ's Sal. I too want to go to the beach in my pj's - tht sounds ike fun!
    Next time we are at the in-laws I think we might have a beach trip in our pj's!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.