Thursday, February 4, 2010

my creative space :: d’oh!

It’s all a bit blah in the creative space today – one sick Mama and two sick children. I have that strange space cadet feeling that accompanies sleep deprivation and I can’t tell if my muscles ache from fever or because the sick children have been bunkering down in my bed. How can such small people take up so much space?

My creative space today has been lying on the couch or snuggled up in bed crochet hook in hand… fixing the 70% of red and white squares that were victim to my crochet dyslexia. (Remote control at the ready to keep the entertainment rolling for the grouchy sick littlies and a path cleared through all the mess for a mercurial dash to the bathroom) Earlier in the week I started sewing in the ends of my beautiful red and white crocheted squares and noticed for the first time that a lot of them didn’t actually look that square. What??? On closer examination I noticed that at some point the muscle memory in my hands became dyslexic and rather than 3x treble 1x chain with 3x chain for a corner I had crocheted 3x treble 3x chain and 1x chain on the corner. D’oh!

d'oh image via

Thanks so much for popping by – but you better be off to check out all the much more inspiring, crafty and competent creative spaces over at Kirsty’s.

15 comments:

  1. Oh no - hope that you are all feeling better soon! Sick littles are never good. Caleb is in our bed tonight so no doubt I will end up on the floor at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he he, i almost forgot so it's funny, you did a d'oh. I was folding much of that fabric while watching Sex & the City, the movie, for the first time (loser, even the girl selling it to me this morning said "it's only $16, you're so behind, you know there is a new movie coming out in like May) well thanks for that, i know. Not sure how i was meant to watch it during school holidays with 4 children, or get to the movies. Hope your weekend improves from d'oh to da dah!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get better soon! Bummer about the "squares" too. Nic

    ReplyDelete
  4. get well soon my lovelies, bugger about the "squares" though. Can't you just pretend you didn't notice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you are not wasting healthy, creative time on fixing the squares! Hope you and the littlies are feeling better soon. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! What a crochaster!
    Hope you get better really soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate it when I think I've got something down pat and eventually realise I've made the same mistake over and over. Good on you for having the patience to fix it!

    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like there are a few of us with frustrations this week.. Hope you all get better soon (crooked crochet squares included!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear! Lucky you noticed now and can fix them up. Hope you all feel a million times better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, Homer, where would we be without your harmless expletive?

    Commiserations. And further encouragement for me to never, EVER take up crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh no! how annoying and disappointing about the squares. i would just pretend that was how they were supposed to be, its all about individuality right?

    hope you're feeling better soon, hopefully your husband can look after the kids over the weekend and give you a bit of a chance for a snooze

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, ew. I hope you are well and truly over the horrible now. Well done for hanging in there on the crochet - you make my whinging seem even more pathetic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sally, it is AWFUL to have sick kids but 10 times worse to have sick kids AND a sick mumma. I hope you are feeling better now and things are looking brighter in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you're all on the up & up & the forced down time allowed the fixing up of the wonkier than wanted grannies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.