Thursday, February 18, 2010

my creative space :: seeking inspiration

my creative space

I managed to grab some crafty and creative books at the library today. It was such an enjoyable experience sewing the baby pyjamas on Sunday and I’m hoping that the Amy Butler’s Little Stitches for Little Ones will provide more inspiration. I have had a quick flick and whilst there is more of the same there does seem to be a couple of unique projects in there for me to have a closer look at. I also borrowed Crochet edgings and trims which at first glance looks really good – the patterns are both written in words and symbols. The book is certainly filled with some lovely crochet, whether or not I’m up to the task is another matter. Creative Digital Photography also looks inspiring – 52 weekend projects is just the inspiration I’m in desperate need of with my ‘a photo a day’ project. The death of my DSLR’s shutter has been a real blow and I’ve been rather blah about the project every since. Still, I’ve not let it beat me and while I wait for my new camera I’ve been playing around with the point and shoot and more recently the mobile phone. At one level I know this challenge will in the longer run make me a better photographer but I think it is a lesson I will appreciate more in hindsight.

To immerse yourself in creative inspiration head on over to Kirsty’s.

7 comments:

  1. you always inspire me to head to the local library and look for wonderful crafty books, now all i have to do is make it there before 4:30 when it closes.. thats the hard part!

    i look forward to seeing some great creations and images from your library finds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a great book out from the library at the moment. It's called Zakka Sewing - 25 Japanese Projects for the Household. Don't know if I will get to make anything since I've committed myself to doing a market in 4 weeks, but I will be getting it out again once this rush is over :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i have Little Stitches - the jammies are gorgeous, decadent for jammies but super lovely. Happy sewing, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are big library fans over here too and they always have great crafty books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recently I borrowed The Happy Hooker from the library, and it was great! I think it clarified a few crochet techniques for me that I'd been winging for a while, so hopefully my next projects will be more nicely finished! I love the library. We're there nearly once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That crochet book looks fabulous. Hope you do try some and do a show and tell :) K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little stitches is great. I have it in my library! I really need to make something out of it though! lol

    So you still haven't got the new camera then? Bummer. I hope it arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.