Thursday, February 25, 2010

my creative space :: sewing for baby

sewing for baby

I signed up to Carolyn’s sewing challenge again this month – February’s test is to sew something using a knit fabric. I have decided to make a baby body suit for a special baby boy that recently surprised us all by arriving a three weeks early. I’m very intimidated by stretch sewing – my first attempt was not incredibly successful at all.

The forecast for today is 42°C. It isn’t even 8:30am here and it feels like we can’t be far off that temperature already. So today I will be bunkered down inside sewing away before heading off to the beach this afternoon for a swim, pizza dinner and witnessing one of the last summer sunsets.

For more creative spaces head on over to Kirsty’s.

11 comments:

  1. 42! Too hot for me. Your dinner plans sound lovely - enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect day. Sewing, summer, beach and pizza. Good luck with the stretchy stuff. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. 42!!! shheesh, I can't stand 32.
    mmm, enjoy the afternoon & dinner


    p.s hope you will be in Melbourne one day..thanks for the sweet comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky boy he is! All the best on your sewing challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 42...I remember when I ached for heat like that. Now that I have a wee one to chase I like it a bit milder, early thirties? ;) Stretch, yuck. I am going to have to tackle it eventually but for now I'll live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh. Knit fabric is scary. So is 42 degrees. No WONDER you're not wearing shoes :) But you are interesting, intelligent and fearless, so I will enjoy watching you take up the challenge. From the safety of my wussy woven heaven. He he.

    PS ok I'll change my stupid comment thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, that could stretch your sewing skills. (Oh I simply must stop with all these incredibly witty jibes O_o, I'm sure it just cracks everyone up)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yick! Hope you haven't melted, Looking like some great baby stuff though

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sew socks all the time with my sewing machine, I use a blue-tip stretch needle and it works fine! Practice on old socks first to test it!! Good luck - oh and I am seriously jealous of your weather, it's cold and gloomy here in the UK, I want Spring to arrive, now!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So hot - good idea to stay inside and sew. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a plan. good luck with the cute little suit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.