Thursday, February 11, 2010

my creative space :: sewing sphere

sewing sphere

Well I finally did it… took the new sewing machine out of its box. The big moment came late on Sunday night. I just gazed at it for a while and then went to bed. Monday was a hectic on day – but I managed to squeeze in an hour for my overlocker lesson which provided me with enough inspiration to come home and finally fire up the new machine. I’m not one for reading instructions particularly well if at all. There are benefits to this character trait – I am never expected to assemble Ikea furniture or work out how children’s toy work. I am making a special effort to refer to the instruction manual for my new machine… we’ll just have to wait and see how that goes. I haven’t entirely made anything to show you yet, but I have had fun just playing. Maybe next week I’ll have something to show you…

For more creative spaces head on over to Kirsty’s place.

12 comments:

  1. I have a new baby exactly the same as yours sitting on my sewing table.....it's been there for a few months now and I still need to read the instructions and try to figure it out!

    I hope you get the time to make something with it to share with us next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, and looking forward to see what you make first! Nic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I'm so happy you finally opened it! It looks very cool. Good luck with making some new exciting projects with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. So we'll all be waiting with baited breath, as they say! and now that you've said you'll be having a go, there's no going back. We now expect to see some results!!
    I'm sure you'll be fine with it. Looking forward to having a sqizz. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is all very exciting. Nothing like running your hand over a new sewing machine! (Though some people, esp males, may be to differ) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you and the small folk are well and truly better Sally, and well done on getting your new 'toy' out of the box!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting!! Have fun playing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy sewing, the machine looks like a beauty. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving your nice, tidy work space! I get so overwhelmed with the messiness of my space that I just don't want to go there sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like you've cleaned up your space a bit, or was it only for the blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice looking machine & space!
    happy gazing & sewing Sal.
    have a great day today, whatever you get upto

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope when the new camera makes it's way into your home it is out of the box quick smart!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.