Saturday, February 27, 2010

sewing guild

women sewing togetherNot so long ago I signed up to become a member of the Australian Sewing Guild. This afternoon I attended my first meeting with a local group. I have to share with you that I had a marvellous time – lots of fun indeed. Sewing, chatting, sipping cups of tea, air-conditioning… what more could anyone want or ask for on a hot Saturday afternoon?

The group meets once a month and I am very much looking forward to our next gathering. I’m not going to tell you too much about what we plan to sew next month – only to share with you that it involves invisible thread!!! I was completely oblivious to invisible thread’s existence before today. I’ve got a strong hunch that I am going to learn a lot about sewing and life from this eclectic bunch of women.

Image via

8 comments:

  1. Ooo I am envious! I shall live vicariously through your posts (however cryptic)until I get off my duff and find a local guild myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello eclectic woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo how exciting, I got an email from a friend yesterday who is trying to start a sewing club. I really hope it starts up. Sounds like you had a really lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on joining the Guild. I am sure you will learn heaps! It's nice getting together with other crafty types.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I'm envious, it sounds great. I'll look forward to 'guilding' vicariously through your posts lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Sally! Always good to sit and chat with like minded souls. I'm sure you'll have a ball and do all sorts of projects that you can share here, I hope. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting. I am part of a craft group and it has become such an important part of my life now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.