Monday, February 15, 2010

sharing the love

Thanks so much to Melissa’s brilliant solution to my valentine frustration.

two hearts

My spontaneous valentine’s day project is now complete and ready to send to some very special people.  I was browsing blogland late on Saturday night (sad I know) and came across this over at Leonie’s.

So on Sunday afternoon, once the family and I  had returned from our very romantic outing to swimming lessons, I got to work and made…

pjs …five sets of baby pyjamas using singlets that I had on hand (barely used since I’m more partial to onesies) and some sheeting and a pillow case. My fabric stash is rather pathetic so I didn’t have a lot of options on hand.

singlets

I embellished some more singlets but didn’t have enough fabric on hand to make more pyjama pants.

It was such a great feeling sewing using my new machine for such a worthy cause. I couldn’t help noting the irony as I sewed of me, the amateur sewer, sitting in the Australian suburbs sewing for Vietnamese orphans while the families of exceptional tailors and seamstresses worked away in townships such as Hoi An for affluent tourists.

Perhaps you don’t have time to make something? You could still contribute. Leonie has proposed an “undie run”head on over and check it out.

12 comments:

  1. Nice work Sally, you are going to make a little baby very warm and happy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are terrific! Well done. Nice save on the hearts! Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...how MAGIC!!! I have spoken to the edwards family on the phone and they will be totally BLOWN away with your gift. Its such a "good vibe" think to do!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous! and that letter over on Leonie's blog is so heart-breaking and sad. I'll round up the family and see what we can send from here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really are quite excellent! That's a fantastic idea. Great work. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they are so clever and CUTE Sal! Fabulous idea, beautifuly done, you're a gem. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great way of sharing some love on valentines day! i love the fixup idea, i wracked my brains but couldn't come up with a solution. glad the new sewing machine is coming along nicely too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couldn't think of a better way to break in a new machine! Or to spread Valentine's love (along with the swimming lessons, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work, see only good things can come with new machine love! They look really great

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad I could help! And wow, you did a great job and have inspired me also! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, how fantastic! They all look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.