Monday, March 1, 2010

the apartment

The ApartmentHave you seen The Apartment? I watched it for the very first time today. It was brilliant. My sweet heart borrowed it for me from a local library after seeing that it was on a best post-war romantic comedies list.  I can absolutely understand how it made the list.  You should really try to see it sometime. You won’t be disappointed. Oh yeah, and if you have an old unused tennis racquet lying around you’ll discover a whole new use for it!

Another one from the list was Say Anything – an amiable film but not necessarily brilliant. Although perhaps it would benefit from a second viewing. I have to think about this one some more.

Have you seen any great romantic comedies from the past lately?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, I love movie recommendations because I'm so crappy at trying to decide on them myself. We watched a lot of musicals (which are often also rom-coms!) growing up... Band Wagon, High Society, New York New York (that's a favourite for me). But I haven't watched something old in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not really a romcom type of girl, actually not really the movie type, but I think it is so sweet that your love brought this home to share with you! I’m a bit intrigued by the tennis racquet comment….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sounds like a great movie, i'll have to hire it too. So funny when you say post-war, as my husband is about to go back to war!!
    Yes, Canberra has a zoo, not sure of the history, but it's sweet, in Yarralumla near the Governor General's house. We loved it but we're animal lovers & great way to wear out 4 children. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lining up my box set of Audrey Hepburn moveis for when I have my ankle op ina few weeks!
    Ahh Roman Holiday and Breakfast at Tiffany's, what could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love The Apartment! It's a gerat movie! I saw it in my Shirley MacLaine obsessed phase. It's great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.