Thursday, March 11, 2010

my creative space :: comfort craft

In the past week I dropped “offline” for no particular reason at all. The computer was functioning fine, there was lots going on and there was lots in my mind to blog about … but … I just didn’t feel inclined to turn the computer on. An impromptu holiday of sorts.

So what have I been up to?

I’m still taking a photo a day and the project has become so much more enjoyable with the yesterday’s arrival of my new camera!!! new cameraI’m so looking forward to getting out and about on the weekend getting to know my new best friend.

I’m still crocheting a square a day… crochet squaresTo date I’ve crocheted 40 squares for my “rainbow” blanket which is reasonable progress.

Last Thursday I returned to work for the first time since the birth of my daughter. Thank you to all for your encouraging and kind comments. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I anticipated it would be and having my crochet with me was a real saviour. I just love how portable crochet is and how meditative the process of hooking a square can be. An excellent tool in managing workplace stress and anxiety.

hooking in the officeI took my hook with me to the office again today. Every now and then I pick it up and hook a bit while I’m thinking. For the time being I am working two days a week, so today was only my third day, but my crochet has been inspirational to others. Today one of my colleagues bought some yarn and a hook with her so that she too could learn this comfort craft too. Picture us both in a corporate phone hook-up with our yarn hooking away… I have a feeling that it won’t be long until others are joining in with us aswell.

I’m off to upload my photos from the past week to my other blog… and then I’ll be heading on over to Kirsty’s to check out what you’ve all been up to…

I missed you all.

12 comments:

  1. I have camera envy - enjoy! Love the idea of inspiring a corporate army of hookers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are crocheting in the workplace - it looks like it brings a bit of colour to the grey landscape too. Why doesnt office equipment come in other colours!

    Love the new camera too - happy snapping

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love my camera too ... a wonderful canon 400d with a honking bounce flash and 50mm 1.4 aperture lens. i take it everywhere and it's the bomb! happy snapping. photography is the best! my latest photos (taken last night) i'm really happy with are here http://northerncraftbonanza.blogspot.com/2010/03/another-great-night.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. missed you too!!! I am in the market for a new camera later in the year so will be doing the call out for reviews. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, glad you are back! 40 squares is fantastic work, go you! hope you're starting to find your feet (and routine) again now that you're three days in to back-to-work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for the new camera, I am so happy for you! I’m glad your back and you wont be able to stay away now – too many new piccies to share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been a tad out of the loop for the past few weeks, too, so I've only just caught up on all your goings on. I think you're very brave to go back to work (I haven't been able to - it's me, not them!) and very clever to think of taking your crochet with you! 40 squares is fantastic progress! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reading blogs in between dashing in and out, but not blogging much and barely commenting. I've lost my commenting mojo!

    Hey, could it be that you've started work?! And THAT is why? Big changes are tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, crochet is the perfect comfort craft. Hope you're having a lovely time with your new best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I attempted to do the whole crochet a square a day thing and failed miserably, only ended up with 12 squares.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yippee for a new camera. Do you keep looking at and smiling? I hope so!

    And well done to you for crafting in the open... it's amazing that it just takes one person for the ripple to start.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank goodness for Back to Work Craft. So pleased all went swimmingly - and within minutes you have brought a colleague over to the Dark SIde (mwah ha ha haaaa!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.