Thursday, March 18, 2010

my creative space :: cracking the WIP

the WIP pileThis pile of WIPs (works in progress) have been hanging around my creative space for longer than I care to disclose. In the pile are some lounge pants for my precious babes that only need to be hemmed and the elastic threaded through the waist – so close to the finish line and yet still haven’t been finished for months. I’m at a loss to explain it. Also in the pile is a shopping bag that I have forgotten how to line. I made this one back in October last year but can’t remember how I got it all nicely lined. Mentally this very small project is starting to look like scaling a mammoth rock face. I know that the answer is to dive in, seam ripper at the ready, and nut it out – but that is so much easier to type than to do. Also in the pile are some panties that I have been meaning to make for Ms. M. I’m not a big fan of the exposed nappy so it was my intention to make some panties for her to wear over her nappy and under her summer frocks. Ooopps… summer’s over and I still haven’t finished them. I’m stuck on the step that requires elastic to be threaded through the casing around the leg. It’s fiddly.

So there you go… my creative space this week is all about finishing these projects that have been hanging around for too long. I’m hoping that by confessing them to you I will find some motivation to finish them… if you don’t hear about the completed products soon – do me a favour and crack the whip!

Now head on your way to Kirsty’s where you can gorge yourself on creativity.

12 comments:

  1. yay, seems I can post comments this week!
    Sweet pile, happy finishing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finish up so you don't have to hear/feel the whip. They'll be lovely & you'll be so pleased to have them off the WIP list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get those wips finished up so you can work creating another one :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. best of luck on the fiddling :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should be tackling my WIP pile too. Way out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just think about the pile of finished items you'll soon have in a very short space of time ... that's the ver best thing about a finishing pile of wips

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're braver than me Sally! I didn't have the guts to do creative space today and show all my must-dos... Hope you've had good luck in finishing yours today :) K

    ReplyDelete
  8. write each job on a scrap of paper, drop them in a bowl. fish out one a day and thats the one you have to do. it works. try it. go on. you know you want to

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm sending motivation your way and the whip is ready and waiting (although i'm sure it won't be necessary). it must be a catch up week for creative space, mine was about getting back on track as well and i have noticed a few others saying the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've done the same thing before. It's hard to find the motivation to finish some of the projects we start ins't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. If it's any consolation my WIP mountain is Everest-like in proportion to yours. Wanna swap?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck I hope you get a few finishes !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.