Thursday, March 25, 2010

my creative space :: doing it for the kids

It’s all about creative children this week.Kid Made Modern by Todd Oldham This book is awesome. Profiling lots of modernist artists it is jam packed with  projects, many of which use recycled materials.  Already, having only really flicked through its pages, I’ve been inspired to facilitate my little ones creativity with many of the book’s projects. (…and I might even have a go at some of them on my own too!)Alexander Girard (p24-5)Mega Bite Monster laptop case (p78-9)Case Place - a modernist fort (p114-5)Watch this space to see our modernist creative output over the next couple of weeks.

Talking of children’s creative spaces… check this out: hail damaged easelHail damaged easelThe holes in the children’s easel is hail damage from Monday’s storm. Full on.

Now you best be off to check out more creative spaces over at Kirsty’s.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! They are such perfect holes. That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super awesome books & art work at home to match!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that book too - I am in love with it too. Great minds eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like an inspiring book! can't believe the hail actually made holes. isn't that just crazy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That book looks AMAZING, I think I have to get a hold of that one. Hail no good - we had our turn a few weeks ago

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book. I want it.

    Hail damage... YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy heck - thats some damage! Great looking book too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book looks great. I could so do with a carboard cubby lookout like that myself. I think I'd sit in there and hide from the boys. And the hail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous looking book and those hail holes....scary stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.