Wednesday, March 17, 2010

the wire

the-wire-posters Have you seen this television series? You probably have. After all the first season, which I have just finished watching, was made in 2002. I am often way behind. If you haven’t seen it you really must. The Wire is awesome. Generally speaking I’m not into cop drama. I don’t watch them on the tele – which now explains why I probably missed this one – I’ve never seen an episode of NCIS Whoop Whoop, or Cold Case or Law and Order … it’s not my kind of thing. For a while there I would watch hospital dramas but after constant hysteria that I was suffering from one exotic disease or another my partner prescribed switching the television off and subsequently my health made a miraculous recovery.

It’s not just me that says that The Wire is brilliant. Barrack Obama was quoted in 2008 as saying that it was his favourite television show too. I borrowed the first season from the local library … maybe your library has it too? Go check it out – and then tell me what you think.

3 comments:

  1. I am hearing you sister!!!

    http://chunkychooky.blogspot.com/2010/02/am-i-addicted.html

    how good is it? we just finished the entire box set- 5 series I think and we are now in Wire withdrawal. Its so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I just bought the first 2 series on DVD from the shops as they are really cheap. A friend recommended them- but said that you probably need to use subtitles because it is very hard to understand! Haven't sat down to watch them yet though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. After hearing about The Wire from so many people and then reading this, we borrowed the first series the other day and watched one episode...so what? I don't get what the fuss is all about and I don't feel like watching another. Were you hooked from the first episode or should I persevere?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.