Thursday, April 22, 2010

my creative space :: motherhood feat. florence nightingale

Ms. M not feeling too good

Okay so the real Florence Nightingale isn’t really here – that would be a tad scary since she’ll have been dead for a hundred years this coming August but I am doing my best to channel her A grade nursing skills. Ms. M is sick, and so my creative space this week is filled with shitty nappies, loads and loads of washing and one very tired and clingy little girl. She feels miserable.

I initially thought that I’d sit this week out but then it occurred to me that being a mother at any time requires loads of creativity and even more so when a child is ill. So today my creative space is preoccupied with creative ways to encourage a sick child to eat and drink, to entertain her when everything makes her want to cry and to somehow get through the mountains of washing that are building up.

But for now… for these brief moments while she is finally sleeping after a horrific night, I’m going to travel the wonderful world of blogland and see what all you creative peeps have been up to.

Why don't you join me? I’ll meet you over at Kirsty’s.

14 comments:

  1. oh you poor thing. my heart goes out to the both of you. hope everyone is feeling better soon. wish i could help you in some way. could you turn meal times into a special tea party perhaps to encourage some eating/drinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you poor girls!
    hope little one is feeling better soon, you definitely need alot of creativity when little ones are around whether sick or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you lots of well wishes - its never easy when the wee ones are ill. The only saving grace is - that unlike us grown-ups - when they bounce back, its fast!

    Hope you get a little pause for your blog travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. get better soon little Ms, you have a wonderful ,caring and creative mummy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry, how crappy for you and her. I hope you both get some relief soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really feeling for you. It's horrible when your little ones are sick. Wishing you both all the best.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, I hope Ms M gets better very very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bum. You're doing well to channel Flo rather than Nurse Ratchet :) Soldier on lovely mama. I hope you've enjoyed a few moments of escapism...

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope she's past the worst and is starting to be on the mend, would love to be able to give you some helpful mama tips for distracting and occupying unwell babies but i'm a bit inexperienced in that category as of yet! i remember i always used to like a nice cool wet flannel on my forehead when i was feeling sick or headachey..
    hopefully your next week's creative space is filled with healthy children and fun (and poo free) pursuits

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no, time for lots of snuggles and cuddles. I like to make a special bed nest on the couch for my girls when they are not well...
    Hope she's feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hang in there lovely. Hope you'll be out the other side and crafting up a therapeutic storm in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm hearing ya, mumma! We're all sick too, but had a good time this afternoon with a bottle of bubble mix and a fly swat ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.