Thursday, April 1, 2010

my creative space :: preparation

It’s all about the preparation today. The plan is that if I trace out patterns and cut the fabric out today then I’m set to sew sew sew on the long weekend. Ms. M has outgrown loads of her clothes and is in need of some warm items ready for the cooler season, and even though Mstr. E is better prepared he could probably do with a bit of a top-up too.

preparation 

In addition to sewing for the children I’m also hoping to make some gifts this weekend. A close friend recently had her 40th birthday and I wasn’t organised enough to arrive with a gift (so so slack) so her pressie is also a top priority, and there are some other occasions approaching and I am hoping to be ready ahead of time.

So what are my plans for the Easter long weekend? Hopefully I’ll be bunkered down in my sewing space making some headway on my over-ambitious list of things to do. You see I have to be careful this weekend. Easter is the pagan festival of fertility and I have managed to unintentionally conceive both of my children on this weekend… don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have #3 – but not anytime soon. Ms. M is still breastfeeding like a trooper and I want my body to myself for just a couple of months before resuming the “pregnancy/breastfeeding my body isn’t my own” path. There is imminent danger present. My birthday is this weekend too… so no doubt I will indulge in a couple of glasses of red wine, my first for the winter season, and after sometime cuddling up to my mister … well… who knows what could happen?!?!?

To check out more creative spaces head on over to Kirsty’s.

14 comments:

  1. Hee hee.. easter, birthday celebrations and red wine??? I can understand why you're worried about number 3 maybe being created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Since when do kidlets arrive when planned? (and most 'especially not Number Threes!) And happy birthday excellent lady - goodness you manage to cram things in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaaa, oh Sally, you have made me laugh.
    have fun...whatever you are upto & HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    hope you do get lots of cuddles & big sloppy kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that did make me giggle! have a fabulous birthday weekend, enjoy your sewing and good luck in not getting pregnant while still having a rocking good birthday night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creative space. I wish I was organised enough to cut evertything out and then sew. Have a great weekend and I hope that you have a great and happy birthday without creating anything else.( Oh crap that sounded like it would work well in my head and then it got lost in the typing.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! It is indeed a weekend fraught with dangers aplenty! lolol. "Mmmm.....can she withstand the temptations and goodies that will come her way??!!" Oh yes....and the red drop?!
    Stay tuned.
    Have a great Easter weekend! :)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    P.S. it is good sometimes to do sewing things a bit like a production line, as you are planning to do. Have fun with it and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great easter week-end, well not too great I should say! I am working - how dull and Glen has plans to paint the fence - extra dull and after this post he wont be spicing anything up from there with #3 prospects!
    Happy birthday to you, hope there is cake and sewing and special stuff.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad I'm not the only one who is unprepared for birthdays! Have a lovely Easter break in the sew-zone Sally. I'll be doing the same :) K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugs for a stupendously wonderful birthday Sal. Hope it's all you want it to be, love, cuddles, vino, a smidge of sewing and a Happy Easter too with your Darlings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday for the weekend, and happy sewing! Here's to limited unexpected surprises!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha - I'm sure you would be happy either way. I hope you have a lovely Easter and enjoy your birthday celebrations properly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The seasonal outgrowing of clothes drives me mad - so many lovely things that used to fit but now don't...
    Hope you have a great birthday Sal and that your weekend is productive but not reproductive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday - I hope you have/will enjoy it! Good luck with the sewing too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Weekend! I hope it is as wonderful as you predicted.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.