Friday, April 2, 2010

my happiness

Our day out looked like it might not happen at all with the discovery of a bobby pin lodged firmly in the ignition.bobby pin key

Eventually we were travelling on our way to a picnic lunch. A lovely day for a drive and a bit of passenger seat crochet.crochet in the passengers seat

As we drove, listening to Ben Harper’s "Fight for your Mind” album (an oldie but such a good – certainly one of my favourites of all time) I reflected on just how happy I was. Easy to be happy in such gorgeous, lush and inspiring surrounds…beautiful bush

… and with my greatest loves in the car with me.my mister - happy as larry driving on the dirt trackmy daughter - assessing the snack situation: "surely they packed more snacks than this!!!"my son: "I'm not tired Mama" 

That makes me one very lucky woman!a very lucky & happy woman

We were on our way to Mundaring Weir for lunch. Mundaring Weir

The picnic basket had been packed by my lovely mister… the picnic basket

… and the delicious food was made by him too.salad and mushroom pie

My beautiful family sang happy birthday to me…  my beautiful familybirthday candles on my baked hazelnut cheesecake…and then we ate the cake, a baked hazelnut cheesecake, made especially for me by the love of my life because he knows baked cheesecake is my favourite.YUMMO!!!

  What a glorious day…a glorious day

my happiness.

 

EDIT: Thanks to all for the wonderful birthday wishes.

15 comments:

  1. Happy Bithday Sally, what a happy post! Glad you had a good day surrounded by your lovelies and baked cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you lovely Sally!
    Sounds and looks like the perfect day. I hope you have the most wonderful year to follow. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sally what an absolute stunner of a day. Looks just perfect (or is that just your fab new camera?!?!) so happy for you - a very Happy Birthday to you! P.S Hazelnut baked cheesecake sounds divine. Must try some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos. What an absolutely wonderful day! Isn't food made especially for you by someone you love just delicious.

    Hapy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday. It looks like you had a wonderful day! I hope you saved me some of that cheesecake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Sal. It looks like you had the most magnificent celebration ever!
    Mmmmm baked cheesecake is one of my fave all time desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday to Sally
    Happy Birthday to you!

    Looks like you had a lovely day out! Looks like it was a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Sally, what a gorgeous way to spend it!! Does your husband usually have a beard?? Mind does (for work, i know, weird). Happy Easter too, we have a family full of Aries, it's always a massive gift exchange come Easter time, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy birthday Sal!
    what a great day with the most important people in your life.
    LOVE your pics & love that there is one of you there too!!
    ..and i love Ben Harper too
    ♥ hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday my dear friend, looks like you had a great day, hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect day, glad you got to celebrate in such style with all the important people.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous day out. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - what a happy birthday you had! I love baked cheesecake too - it is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy, happy day!

    Did you say baked hazelnut cheesecake? I am so upping the birthday ante this year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Sal, Happy, Happy, Happy, Belated Birthday you Gorgeous Girl.xo. I'm smiling that you're an Aries ... my Darling daughter had her birthday yesterday ... the most wonderful daughter any mother could wish for! Fancy you having those Aries traits too ;) Your day looked like it was total bliss. Sincere Apologies for not sending you wishes soon. Huge Hugs. xo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.