Thursday, May 6, 2010

my creative space :: something for you

cup of tea

…nah – the cup of tea isn’t for you – that’s for me. I’m sipping it as I plan what to make for you. That’s my creative space this week – making something for you. Well one or two of you anyway. This coming Sunday will be my one year anniversary of being a blogger. Wowza. What a trip. To commemorate I am going to host a little giveaway and today’s the day I’m going to make it. So really I can’t show you much at all because I don’t want to ruin the surprise… oh yeah – and because I haven’t made it yet.

I can tell you that the prize won’t be… ciggy case    …a ciggy box made out of a bog roll, or…

stunning hat … this stunning hat.

I’ve decided against making something for you home such as this nutty idea…nutty planter …but only because I am all out of coconuts.

For a moment there I considered this to be a winner idea - the ultimate ecological security and storage device…scare away any thieves with this one …thieves would literally be tripping over your valuables as your saved money on your heating bill by blocking out the draft – but decided that perhaps you wouldn’t thank me if your children had nightmares.

So back to my cup of tea while I ponder it some more.back to it

Now you should head on over to Kirsty’s place for more creative spaces and be sure to come back and visit me on Sunday to enter the draw for my boggy anniversary… mmmmmmm…. maybe the ciggy box/pencil tidy isn’t such a bad after all?

18 comments:

  1. Those projects are a scream...almost literally. there are the craft must haves and then there are these...they are truly fabulously awful, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Im a bit dissapointed that its not going to be a vinyl hat, I think I would look rather gorgeous in one of those. Ill have to get the pattern off you - not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds exciting! Shame about the vinyl hat though, that looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh really, not a coconut plant pot, now that is disappointing Sally.

    hope you have a fabulously creative day & will definitely pop by to see you on Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still in shock at the loo roll ciggy holder. Wrong on so many levels (hygeine, health, good taste...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. You've got to wonder when our mothers and grandmothers had the time to even contemplate making some of those things. Perhaps in between scrubbing the front step and hand washing 2 dozen cloth nappies! There's something in that draught excluder/jewellery tidy though. Definately a gap in the market for something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a bit worried about your last sentence "my boggy anniversary…" :D
    I think you may need to keep the loo roll ;)

    I must have missed most of these interesting projects last time I browsed my copy of Pinnies 'n' Things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, we are the same. It was my blog's first anniversary last weekend! Cool!

    Oh what a crack up that lot is. Our mum's & gran's were ACE to come up with crafts like that weren't they? I think when I have to start helping out with ideas for school fairs I think the bog roll ciggy holder would be a huge hit!

    hahahahahahahahaahha.... just cracking up here... hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! ARe you sure I can't have one of those divine hats?! Or the jewel tidy..so chic. You made me laugh...ta for that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finding it hard to stop laughing - what a fabulous comic 'voice' you have Sally! :)) My vote is of course for the bog roll ciggie holder... such an inspired anti-smoking technique! I can just see myself longing for one and thinking "na-ah, I'm not puttin my fingers in there!" Have fun making :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd go the coconut plant holder.......I already have some on my terrace and I love them. They are big here in Noumea probably because there is so many coconuts consumed it isn't funny.

    P.s come and have a look at my giveaway you may like to enter. I will be back to visit Sunday to see what is up for grabs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. laughing too hard to compose comment. seriously, i haven't laughed this much in a loooooong time. PLEASE will you make just one of those hilarious crafts??! pleeeeaaase?!
    either way, you just made my day! thanks sally.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn. I don't do beret well, but I bet I could pull off vinyl hat. Yell if you need a coconut. I have one. I could send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! I think you do the ciggy box thing just for a laugh, go on, I dare you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha! I am sure you will come up with something ACE. Meanwhile, it looks like you're all set for a school fete.

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy pondering! i think you could combine that hat and the jewel tidy and you'd end up with something looking a bit like a english royal's crown. now couldn't we all use a queen's crown??

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cool is that book Sally but you've got me wondering what project will you come up with!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW 1 year has gone by super quick, will have to remember to pop by tomorrow.

    Those cigarette boxes are hilarous, how non PC would that be now LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.