Sunday, June 6, 2010

eight answers

Kate from Foxs Lane answered eight questions this weekend and I thought I might play along too…

at the beach 11. Favourite meal to eat?  I’ve been a vegetarian for a long time… almost twenty five years! (*gulp*). If I’m cooking for myself then my favourite meal is anything that doesn’t make a mess and won’t have many dishes to wash – so tea & toast is a popular choice when I’m on my own. I also love to make pesto – the basil freshly picked from my garden – so this tends to be my favourite ‘special occasion’ food. I tend to make lots of days ‘special’ when there is plenty of basil to be had. When I’m eating out I love Indian food. Love it, love it, love it.

at the beach 22. Do you have a quirky eccentricity? I don’t really think so… but perhaps if you asked the people closest to me they might beg to differ. I feel like I am the most normal, most average person on the planet. It really is all about perspective.

at the beach 33. My middle name is Anne. Really – can you get any more dull? Although I do get a kick out of the fact that Sally means princess and Anne means grace … so that kinda makes me Princess Grace! … sans her luxurious wardrobe and fine lifestyle.

at the beach 44. I am passionate about … ??? I’m not really sure. I’ve been thinking about this all day. I’m not sure that I have the energy to be passionate about anything these days. There are lots of things that are important to me, my family is paramount. Social justice is important to me too. I am interested in the creative arts, I like to eat fine food and drink good wine. The passing years are turning me a little disillusioned and cynical and so I am no longer as interested in politics as I once was. I guess though if I was to be passionate about any one thing it would be learning new things – ideas, skills, knowledge, experiences, people and places.

at the beach 55. Thongs or Birkenstocks? Birkenstocks all the way! Perhaps I’d wear thongs if I had to use a shared shower at a caravan park or at the local swimming pool but other than that you’ll find me wearing Birkenstocks. There was a time when you’d have found me wearing blundstones in the winter – but my most recent pair didn’t last long at all – the sole fell apart – so I have fallen out of love with this ol’ winter friend.

at the beach 66. Who was I before I had kids? A person who went out to dinner lots and enjoyed glasses of red wine. A traveller. A reader. A theatre goer and a movie watcher. An observer of politics and world affairs. I used to love wearing high heeled shoes.

at the beach 77. Have I ever been arrested? I’ve never actually been charged with anything but I did wake up once in a Belgian lock-up after a night of partying hard!

at the beach 88. This weekend I will have looked after sniffly children sporting high temperatures… again!!!  To say that I am completely over looking after sick bubs is an understatement. We took them to the beach this afternoon get some fresh air into them. If we were in a Jane Austen novel we’d be moving to Bath.

at the beach 9

25 comments:

  1. i love it sal. now i just feel like we're mates.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indian food is a favourite of mine too, I love curries. Sally when I look at your set of photos they make me smile. It looks like your little ones enjoyed the fresh air. I hope they are all better soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaay! Hang gliding off mummy's ponytail! Still up for something tomorrow, I forgot it was pub hol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me laugh! I love how the pictures contrast your stories: Princess Grace, high heals, a Belgium lock-up. We're so much more than our children see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Miss Prickly, the contrast made me have a good giggle. Lovely photo's too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Princess Grace ;o) It's lovely to get to know you, and those photo's are superb! Have a great weeek - hope the sniffles ease. Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely pictures, great to know more about you, oh will the sniffles ever go away! I am home sick today, sans the high heels I normally get to wear on Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've loved reading this. I do like a little bit of insight into people (even though I get shy of such memes, tho I don't know why as many people seem to enjoy the sticky-beaking it affords!).

    It's also really cool to see you, proper-like, on your blog! What a friendly-looking soul you are. So warm and switched-on-looking as well. I hope the air helps freshen the kids for the week...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pics! Nice to see YOU!

    & oh your kids are sickies again! Bummer... I hope they are all better soon. & then you need a whole day to yourself!

    & like others have said, it was cool reading about you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pictures- you are not at all what I thought you woudl look like. So great to pout a face to the name Sally and read some more about you. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic post princess grace. my middle name is Anne too. those photos are divine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you just move to Bath anyway? It'd be lovely this time of the year! Thanks for sharing - loved the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Princess Grace and Belgium lock up thing? Both should go on your cv.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw....I have LOVED reading this!!! Thank you for playing along the pic's are SENSATIONAL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the family photos, very wonderful! hope that fresh air helped air out all the bugs. nice to find out more *stuff* about you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for playing Sally, I loved reading every single word and the photos are ace! You are ace! X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your answers, I found it really hard to answer the 'what are you passionate about' question, but you've hit the nail on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great answers.....I always find quizzes like that really hard to answer. I feel like I know you so much better now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely to know we are all in the presence of blogging royalty!
    I feel like I really got to know you a little better from this post Sal - and the photo's are fabulous - round one to Miss M I say - she had you beat!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, honest post. Very refreshing, intimate and humourous. I love the photos too. thanks for sharing. I love how this meme is showing people for who they are and making them reach a bit deeper than they may normally do in their regular posting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. loving the pics, so very natural..the hair pulling!!
    great of you to share little bits about you, so very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that sequence of shots.....little ones are so funny when they get a hold of something they really get a hold.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like how in the first photo you can just see her in the top right, sizing you up and ready to pounce.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brilliant pictures, just read Daves comment, I hadn't noticed the little pickle in the background first time around!
    Sally you all look so happy, you and your children are beautiful. Lovely post hun x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic photos and lovely to read more about you. Loved this post. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.