Wednesday, June 30, 2010

just a minute … in june

Listening…  to my little girl talk more and more. She acquires new words every day. This month she said for the first time “hug me” – awwwww! Also listening to my son sing and sing and sing and sing.

through those eyes

Watching… a bird swoop down and take a green grub from the remnants of my zucchini patch in its beak, then fly into the branches of a tree and bash it to death before gobbling it up… all this from the window of my sewing room (formerly known as the spare room). Amazing.

Sewing… pants, tights and baskets. Not as much as I’d like… it would seem that a little birdie captured most of my creative attention this month.

Crocheting… a little red bird. Also making progress with E’s granny square blanket.

tooth brush eater

Photographing… in muted tones. Have missed my K2 adventure again this month. There just doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day… and I suppose in  the sense that they’re are not enough daylight hours this is true. Good to know that we have now past the winter solstice and the days are now growing longer. Is it too early to say that I am looking forward to summer?

Playing…  with binoculars. When the weather has been fine we’ve been getting out to parks with the binoculars and having lots of fun seeing the world all magnified and blurry.

3 comments:

  1. i love the idea of these just a minute posts. its so nice to stop and reflect on the month gone by. sounds like yours has been an interesting one. and those pics of your kids are really beautiful - i am a big fan of black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo's and what you have been upt to. Thanks for sharing. Happy days to you all.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're having similar discovery of words by my 20 month old son - "cuddle?" being his latest!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.