Thursday, July 1, 2010

my creative space :: …is odic

an odic creative space

Oh my… this is sure one odic creative space. Not a great way to start the new financial year.

“Cleaning the house is an act of purifying one’s immediate environment. Each piece of furniture, as well as the doorways and the walls, catches and holds the emanations of the human aura of each individual in the home, as well as each of its visitors. This residue must be wiped away through dusting and cleaning. This regular attentiveness keeps each room sparkling clean and actinic. Unless this is done, the rooms of the home become overpowering to the consciousness of the individual who live within them as their auras pick up the old accumulated feelings of days gone by. Small wonder that a dirty room can depress you, and one freshly cleaned can invigorate.” – Gurudeva  in Living with Siva

Little wonder that I wasn’t in the ‘zone’ for sewing last month. That is all going to change today… forget about the house – this sewing room (formerly known as the spare room) is going to go from odic to actinic. The new financial year will be a fresh start and this room is going to be actinic and invigorating so as to inspire a  clarity and freedom to create.

It is I tell you… just after one more cuppa and a sneaky peep at all the creative goodness over at Kirsty’s place.

17 comments:

  1. You're braver than I am: I didn't show the rest of the room :-{

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, mine looks just as bad except I have quilts lain out on the floor as well! Find it hard justifying the time it would take me to clean it when I could be sewing instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is so Odic I've moved out and into the kitchen. Good luck with the sort out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a massive wardrobe sweep yesterday 2 garbage bags full of clothes and shoes for Vinnies. I feel lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's what I need to do too. Maybe to welcome my new machine, we don't want her picking up accumulated feelings....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine looks so much worse. At least you can still make out the outline of a spare room!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH Mine looks much worse, and you are much braver than me!!! GOod luck. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's like looking at my place at the moment (currently back in small child mode while I look after my sister's 5 and 3 year olds for 2 weeks!) I'd forgotten just how much more creative a house becomes with little ones around! ;) Have fun tidying! May it last way after you've forgotten what odic means ;) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's strange to hear you say that but i can't create with a mess around me, and when i've finished something i have to clean up after me before i can start again.
    My Creative Space

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you Sal! I hope you did get a bit done.
    Mine's a disaster zone. Every time I walk in there somebody else follows me in wanting to 'help', so its going to stay like that for a while I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta love a clean out! Halfway through you always feel like you should never have started but when you're done...you keep peeking at your handywork and smiling a gloaty little smile. Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with it all Sally! I just love it when my space is all hunky dory and organised. Couldn't work in it if it wasn't! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How'd you go?? All actinic now??
    It feels so good when you go give it a clean up - it also means I find a bunch of stuff I had forgotten about - good stuff of course!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to have my own room...all my gear ends up on the end of the kitchen table.....not a very satisfactory arrangement. I do share a studio space with friend but it is a 40min drive away and I only go there on Tues and Thurs so hence most of my WIP is in the home. Another job to tackle this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My room looks like this on a regular basis, everytime I start a new project I seem to trash my craft room then have to tidy it all up again before I feel inspired to start a new project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.