Sunday, August 15, 2010

mr. 3 goes to the movies

screening at the movies

I took E. to his first movie at the cinema this afternoon. We saw Toy Story 3. I had my reservations about going to see the film due to all the marketing that hit everywhere when the film was released. At the time it felt like we couldn’t leave the house without running into a Toy Story 3 promotion somewhere. Talk about mass marketing and saturation! E., at three years of age, was wanting Toy Story 3 merchandise before he even knew what Toy Story 3 was. Nonetheless I thought that I would take him to see the film but pass on all the other merchandising. We were unable to go when we’d originally planned because Ms. M was sick and we hadn’t had a chance to go until this afternoon.a choc top

It was such an exciting afternoon, such a precious milestone to share with my little man. We had a great time. Movie, fizzy drink, pop corn and a choc top. He loved it… even though there were moments in the film that he found so scary he sat on the floor and every time the boy Andy was mentioned by one of the characters he would say at the top of his voice “Who’s Andy?”. Special times indeed. 

13 comments:

  1. Special indeed. I laughed out loud at the 'Who's Andy' depiction ... gorgeous post and pic for a memorable time Sal. ;-) XO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! this movie was my son's first cinema experience too. He loved it even though it was a bit scary. And you're right, it's hard to go anywhere without seeing the merch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely. He looks so cute with the choc top!

    I took Caleb to the movies for the first time this year. We had been to the drive in several times before that but I waited until he was 5 to go to the "people movies" as we call it- it would have been torturous at 3, either that or I was just a bit chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH he looks so tiny in the big chair! I'm glad you both enjoyed it so much!

    I'm with you on the merchandising thing! Toooooooo much! I want to get the dvd of Toy Story 1 for BJ. But I won't tell all the stuff is gone from the shops! lol I did notice that Woolies has all their stuff discounted already so we must be near the end. I heard that the Smurfs have a movie coming out next year. So that might be BJ's first movie! Yay for Smurfs! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naaaaaaaw, adorable much? Glad you both had fun. I can't wait to take Le Punk, but she's still too young yet. It's funny, she can watch ANY tv show, scary or not, and be fine, but movies... movies are entirely different. She cried when the chipmunks were locked out in the rain in Alvin & the chipmunks. She cried when the mouse was running around the kitchen (avoiding harm mind you) in Ratatoui... Pretty much every kid's movie that has been attempted has some crying... so we're not ready for the movies yet - choctop or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such happiness. A new experience for him which he certainly seemed to enjoy. Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how utterly adorable. I can't wait to go myself, with no child to take, just my inner one.
    Loved reading the post, what a special moment for you too xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww this is a special moment to remember Sal. I love the picture of him enjoying his chocolate ice cream, very special.xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahahaha I love it!! He does look especially stoked about just being in the big chair with a choc top! Aren't they precious experiencing things for the first time, makes you rethink it for yourself a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a special day! Something to write down in your little book of memeories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was Busys first movie too a few weeks ago. She loved it and calls it "the as big as a house t.v place." I was excited to see her so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have't taken my Bug to a movie yet, perhaps this is the one to start off with!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.