Thursday, August 5, 2010

my creative space :: digging in the garden

It is a beautiful winter’s day here in Perth.

on a winter's day

The sky is a vibrant clear blue. The birds are singing and the bees are buzzing. The Max Roach Quintet is playing on the portable radio. The coffee plunger is brewing. Yesterday was a warm 25° and today we’re expecting 21°. The house is a bomb. Dishes piled up next to the sink, toys scattered everywhere, the bathroom covered in dirty grime and the carpets strewn with pieces of yarn, thread and general fluff. Who cares? I’ll be out in the sunshine digging in the garden. A goal for this year was to plant a native garden in my front yard and now is the time before the rains cease altogether and the temperatures start hanging out in the high 30s.

So I’m off. There is a spade and a pile of dirty waiting for me…

digging in the garden 

… while I’m gone go check out all the other blossoming creative spaces @ Kirsty’s place. I’ll be popping by to visit you all at the end of the day when my hands are ingrained with dirt and my muscles have that pleasant ache that comes after hard work.

17 comments:

  1. As a Canadian, I truly envy Aussies ability to garden in the WINTER! (Or what passes for winter down there!)

    The chores can wait, garden until your pooped from playing with poop (composted of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You've rearranged things, is it permanent?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh. My house is a bomb too - gardening sounds like a far better use of time than cleaning. Can't wait to see the results. And seriously envying that cobalt blue sky, haven't seen one like that in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a stunning looking day, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I do hope you had lots of time to do lots of digging. It's great! Show us when it is all planted up though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOunds like a lovely day! Hope you got alot done. WIshing you sunshine AND rain for your garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope your hands are all clean & you are chilling out after a hard days work.
    hope you got alot done, we just seem to have alot of rain & mud everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your attitude, much the same as mine. House is hideous but creating is far more important. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a perfect way to spend a day ... i love to see the earth turned over and ready for planting.
    My Creative Space

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! that really does look beautiful! 25 degrees!! wow!! I'm glad your having some fun in such lovely weather:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. we've had some lovely weather here too, been so nice to sit outside in the sunshine while the kids play. recess and lunches have been a little bit longer because we just want to soak up some sun! hope you got very productive in the garden today, will be keeping my eye out for some photos of your new garden!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds perfect.....I love gardening on clear warm sunny days. Happy Friday. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a late browser of creative spaces this week! Hope your gardening day was lovely and satisfying, there's something so right about dirt under nails and the tiredness you feel after garden work. Hope your native garden comes together beautifully, I am sure all the birds, etc will appreciate your labours too!
    Have a great weekend, xk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had a wonderful time in the garden and have grabbed a cuppa and are sitting enjoying a beautiful day while taking in your new plants.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a glorious blue sky! Have fun out the front, I love a native garden!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great day to be out digging in the dirt Sal:) When the suns out like that why sit inside I say! I hope you had a fun day. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.