Thursday, August 26, 2010

my creative space :: pram blanket

a pram blanket

I’ve just finished hooking this little pram blanket for a sweet little girl.

I used acrylic yarn after reading that it was better to use for items that will be repeatedly washed… and if there is one thing that I know about babies, having had a puker first time round, it is that everything needs to wash well in the machine.  Hand washing is a big no no!

pram blankie

I’m loving the colour yellow at the moment. Yellow – so fresh, chirpy, and happy – reminds me of spring. I find it so strange that in our culture yellow symbolically represents cowardice.

little beanie

I’ve also hooked up a little beanie… but I’m worried that it may be too small. So I’m thinking that I might quickly hook up another one tonight in case I need to make a quick swap.

Now why not take a little hyperlink-walk on sunshine over to Kirsty’s to check out all the creative bliss that abounds.

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Acrylic is often kinder to babies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sweet. I like yellow, I think of it as a sunshiny colour too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome & ACE! Very pretty & baby! They will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, wow wee, that's so pretty & unisex if the next baby is a boy. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, I am sure it will be very used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks lovely. acrylic is definately the way to go for baby gear i think, for the puke, poo & washing factor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is gorgeous!
    That blue velvet dress is divine! I adore it. So old fashioned looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how lovely! did it take you long? the matching beanie is a great idea too but i know how you feel about the sizing, so hard to guess isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous! I love yellow too, it's such a friendly cheerful colour x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Five days to go. Not that I'm, er, counting. I kinda like this cold. But your yellow is talking me 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet gift..I love the yellow too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful hooking sally. the yellow is so lovely. love the blanket & the little hat. funny how you forget how tiny babies are

    ReplyDelete
  13. What is it about babies that gets us making things so quickly?? Must be a biological thing! Beanie and blanky are both really sweet

    ReplyDelete
  14. very very sweet and sure to be treasured

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely little blanket. I like the simplicity of the yellow and white. (Cute little bubby too!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.