Friday, August 27, 2010

on my bedside table

… is a pile of granny squares.

on my bedside table

I’ve lost some of my momentum with ‘a granny a day’ and haven’t hooked up a new square for a month now. I have been adding rounds to the squares I’d already made and I’ve weaved in the ends – crocheting granny squares has been a perfect crafty pursuit while we had an interstate visitor, and great too for watching the election night and the consequent fall out. I hook away on automatic pilot mostly and don’t need to think about what I’m doing much at all. Brilliant to have some free brain space to try and fathom what will happen with the formation of a federal government. I am finding this time in Australian politics very fascinating… much more so than the election campaign itself.

Time to start hooking some new squares me thinks.

3 comments:

  1. see the answer to the title of your post for me is : dust.
    and books, several half read ones... i never understood how people could read more then one book at the same time but now I am one of those people... one academic/ worky kind of one and one story one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a nice stack! A new blanket? One day? lol Have fun with your hooky & new squares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I've got me some of that dust aswell!
    loving your pic Sal!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.