Sunday, October 31, 2010

just a minute … in october

Listening… to an old CD that I made before my babies were born – some of the tracks include Eye of the Tiger, Buffalo Soldier and What’s love got to do with it?  Also been enjoying listening to Amy Winehouse, Lee Dorsey and Dinah Washington.

Watching… Offspring– really really enjoying this Sunday night tv show. Didn’t watch any Commonwealth Games at all… not one event or ceremony. I’m not sure why. I used to watch stuff like that but these days I’m just not interested.

washing the dishes

Sewing… from the WIP box. The aim of the game has been to finish things! Winter coat finished, refashioned pillowcase dress and a couple of repairs. I didn’t achieve as much as I would have liked to this month. Will just have to keep plugging away at it.

playing with the sprinkler

Crocheting… colourful bunting and stars. Grannies, grannies, grannies. OMG – it has been all about the grannies. I’m close to being totally over it.

Playing… with water. The children have started running over the sprinkler of an evening rather than having a bath. They love it! Also been playing lots of hide and seek – a family favourite without a doubt.

watering the garden

Developing… Mr. 3’s drawings are really coming along, just this morning he drew a picture for me of our family climbing a tree. I could see it. So many kinds of wonderful. Ms. M’s sense of humour is being revealed day by day. She enjoys clowning around so much – she completely cracks me up. “Me too” is her catch phrase and she consistently mimics her old brother. Just today Mr. 3 accidentally dripped some custard on his leg while having some sweets and so she had to drip custard on her leg also – “me too!”

Surviving…  my partner’s parents visiting from interstate. So stressful. He is not particularly close to them and in the past they’ve let him know that they’re certainly not my greatest fans. Strange having to play “nice” with people who don’t like you – it was worth it for my children who both had a wonderful time. Exhausting but worth it.

getting ready for the pool

5 comments:

  1. My sister's nickname as a child was "Me Too" for the same reason. We get "Noah's turn" a lot around here, except when it's something he doesn't want to do, then it's "Liam's turn!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice mix for the month of October. We have a 2 year old 'me too' as well.
    All the best with finishing your unfinished projects.
    Gorgeous photos!
    Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plugging away can be the way we go sometimes. Tough but great once we have finished. All the best. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm absolutely loving Offspring. Finally an adult comedy with intelligence and heart!
    Good luck with the in-laws... that's at least one thing I don't have to deal with anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those water shots of your two little ones and how much fun they are having.

    I'm glad everything went well with the inlaws, I hear what you are saying mine will be visiting this week but only for a short time so I'll do my best to smile;)

    I hope you are having a good weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.