Thursday, October 14, 2010

my creative space :: a lined sleeve and still not finished

I did it! The sleeves are now lined. All nice and professional like. Thank you so much for the great advice… but in the end my brained was so fried from thinking about it that I resorted to unpicking a jacket that I made last year. How I managed that so early in my sewing life I don’t know? Maybe beginners luck? Maybe I just didn’t over-think it. Over thinking can be dangerous. I over think all the time… that's what makes me hard core.

sleeve lined 

This afternoon I will sew the buttons on. I will. Mmm… I think I will. This jacket has turned into a project that resembles pulling teeth. I know that I need to finish it so that I can move on, I want to finish it so that I can move on, I know that sewing on buttons ain’t tricky   -   an yet it is so hard to move to that final step.

Do you have projects like that?

 

You know where to go to check out all things beautiful, creative … and sometimes finished!

11 comments:

  1. Yes I do have projects like that. I do it all the time. Make something then can't be bothered sewing on the buttons or stitching up the stuffing hole. I have a cushion I made about 12 years ago that still hasn't been stitched up and stuffing is still coming out! Love the jacket - it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the time. I have 4 pj bags sitting on my sewing table waiting patiently for zips....I just can't be bothered because they have to be done! I think that jacket is going to look very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm the same, although usually i stop at the stuck part and just let them sit on the shelf making me feel bad. well done you for plowing on through to the almost end. and buttons, well for me pick the buttons and sewing them on is a delight. i have a lovely inherited button collection. but buttonholes - another reason to leave stuff on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, looks fantastic!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Complete love hate masochistic projects. But Aaaa! the liberation you will feel when they are over. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sleeve... you did well, hard core lady ;) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sally,

    Congrats on getting those sleeves done, the buttons will be super easy.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done on that persistance! sometimes that is the hardest thing to find in a project. persistance to see through the hard parts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah the sleeves look great. I have projects that I just don't want to finish like a huge cross stitch that just doesn't do anything for me now but maybe one day I'll get there.(lol) I hope you get to those buttons you'll be glad you did!xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loove how you say that overthinking makes you hard core. Im a hard core sewer too! I wish I wasnt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.