Thursday, October 21, 2010

my creative space :: the WIP box

the WIP box

Now that the coat is finished there is space in the WIP (work in progress) box for a new project… a small one, but room nonetheless. It would be good to make a little more room though so that a few fun summer projects could be started. You see the rule that I have set myself is that I can only start a new project if there is room in the box.

The current contents of the box are as follows:

  • 2 x pillow cases to make two pillowcase dresses for Ms. M
  • 1 x pants cut out & ready to sew for Ms. M
  • 1 x pants cut out & ready to sew for Master E
  • 1 x hat cut out & ready to sew for Master E
  • 1 x pinafore dress half sewn just waiting to change colour of thread in overlocker (? I think that is why I’ve stopped … this project has sunk towards the bottom of the box)
  • 1 x pants half sewn for me
  • 1 x pant to re-fashion/re-hem for me
  • 1 x summer dress to shorten for me
  • 1 x apron to patch up (after ‘play’ karate kicking partner in kitchen with rotary cutter in apron – oops!)

So today in my creative space I will be busting the box.

For more creative spaces take a spring-time stroll over to Kirsty’s… but be sure to enter my giveaway before you leave.

8 comments:

  1. Hey I'm going to steal that idea, it's brilliant. A project box is just what I need to get organised for Christmas and Summer. Thanks foro the idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! I need to start one of those boxes. Currently my half sewn projects hide under piles of fabric on my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. only me stalking you again! Sick of me yet?

    I love the idea of WIP box. Great job. Not that I can cope with having that much going on at once! lol But I really like the idea & looking forward to seeing some finished from your box in the next few days! hahaahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHat a great idea. Being so organized too, putting them all in one box is something that wouldn't even enter my mind.
    I think the first on your list should be one of those thing for you, Master and Miss have gotten alot of your wonderful creations, I think you're due!xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea. There would have to be some rules pasted onto the side for me, or the plastic might crack - either through SQUEEZING something else in. Or laying dormant for a month or two and getting brittle.

    Karate/rotary cutter sounds death defying! Everyone still have all their toes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab idea. Now to find a nice BIG box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats so funny. A couple of days ago I was thinking.. I really must have a seperate box for my works in progress... you are one step ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started with a WIP box....now I've got a couple! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.