Friday, November 5, 2010

pink

pink

Poor ol’ pink. Of all the colours perhaps pink is the one that carries the most the most baggage – tightly pigeon holed as the girls’ colour. Pretty in Pink at one time was one of my all time favourite movies (and I’m just now recovering from mild shock at the discovery that it was released in 1986… really? It was that long ago?). My son is doing his best to make pink a boy’s colour – it is still one of his favourite colours. Actually black and pink is his favourite colour combo (*cringe*) so perhaps he should be sent back to 1986 in a time machine.

I took this week’s pink shot at the beginning of the year – on my birthday in fact. Isn’t it sweet. I adore the way the flower seems to sparkle… like it grew its’ own glitter. Fancy.

pretty in pink

More pink here.

13 comments:

  1. that flower pic is awesome! Great job! Very cool mosaic! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Pretty in Pink- I still have that fantastic soundtrack rattling around somewhere. OMD, Suzanne Vega, The Smiths, Psychedelic (?) Furs...wonderful. Cheers to you, Miss Sal, for Violent Femmes and Pretty in Pink in the one week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pinkness, I love the cute baseball cap with the pink elephant - priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your pinks but the flower gets me !

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flower is stunning - I should join in with the pink theme - I can do that having the pinky pink girl that I have:)

    How do you do a photo collage (I ask alot of questions:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning flower...Is that a Lilium?
    Thanks for sharing....Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sally,

    Love your collection and yes I noticed the sheet. That last photo is stunning, I think the fairies have left some sparkles there.
    Have a great weekend.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sally.
    A lovely pink collection. I do agree with you about the last photo. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have the white with pink stripes version of the flower and it does indeed look like it sparkles.
    Used to have the "baby" buggie too for our daughter's baby doll collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sal , this is a funny post..you made me laugh *grin*
    I think you're right about pink being pidgeon holed... God love your son for being true to himself *smile*
    The Lily? is stunning...truly sparkly beautiful and I love those shoes :p
    Happy Friday-ish!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pink, especially a dusty pink or an orangey pink. I don't like to dress my girls in pink all the time though. Like my kiddies, it seems your little man has a style all of his own too! I wonder when pink became a "girl colour" in our culture?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful picture of the flower. Your photos are neat. Your post was fun to read. Thank you. Love Lois

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty pretty pink. That photo of the flower is just beautiful and I love it's sparkle. My nephew loves pink too, how couldn't you:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.