Saturday, January 1, 2011

01.01.11

Well here we are at the start of another new year.

Is it just me or are they passing quicker? (…and to you young ones out there you’ll be making exclamations like that too one day so stop sniggering!!!)

We had a lovely first day of the decade and year. A brilliant last day of the week. Yep – we were poolside and beach bound again today. Geez I love summer.

@ the beach 01.01.11 

… and geez my family were being difficult about having their photo taken today! Humpf! Not to worry – there will be plenty more opportunities to get happy snaps this year.

2010 was the year of the “a day” challenge for me. There was the ‘a photo a day challenge’ and the ‘granny a day challenge’, and then there was also the monthly sewing challenge. This year I’ll be taking a different creative direction and just mixing it up a bit. All the challenges were awesome – teaching me new skills and more interestingly showed me parts of myself – in particular discipline – that I just didn’t even imagine existed.

I found writing down some goals at the start of last year really useful, and whilst I didn’t attain all my ambitions even knowing what I didn’t have time for is beneficial… because I can put it on this year’s list!

So here goes for my 2011 creative goals:

Crochet: hook something for myself to wear, a blanket for Ms. M

Sewing: make more things for myself, learn to use knitted fabric, have a go using a twin needle

Embroidery:  keep practicing french knots and smock something!

Photography: do online photography course and spend more time learning about photoshop

Printing: get back into it!

Around the home: finish the native garden at the front of our house, paint the house, paint my bedroom, paint the lounge room. Blah! …oh yeah – and get a new oven.

Overall they’re pretty vague goals but I don’t want to be so regimented this year … I want to go more with the flow.

Cheers to a creative 2011.

10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    I hope 2011 is a great year for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic goals! I can't wait to see your posts about them, I want to see all those things already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I want to see it all now too! lol

    But hey I like your goals, especially the oven bit! Hardest part is deciding which sort I think.
    Painting the house sounds good too. I will help. I love to paint.
    I need to check out your photography course again. I am so hopeless at it. You are fab & hardly need to learn more.
    Love your beach pic. Looks lovely. We did the beach too yesterday. BJ stayed! First time ever he didn't run away at the feel of sand. Yay! So he was soaked by the end! What a blast.
    Happy New Year to you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That online photography course looks great! Thanks for sharing : ) I need to work on my photoshop skills as well.. and illustrator too, not to mention all the craft on the to do list! So much to get excited about this year : ) All the best, Chantal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with your goal list sally and a very happy 2011 to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked reading your creative goals I think it's always good to have something to achieve and strive for. I look forward to seeing your creations for 2011. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great list. I like it. I like the sentiment too, 'going with the flow'. It sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your new challenges! I dont usually set any new year goals, kind of just ideas that I would like to put out there. Summer is the best isnt it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That beach looks amazing, how white is the sand!! I like your 2011 list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sally,
    Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. I was wondering what memes are and also twin needles are very easy to use apart from the amount of extra cotton they use they look great, I have used mine a couple of times I am uncomfortable using knit fabrics to often they don't don't like me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.