Wednesday, May 18, 2011

flex

flex

It is almost 9:30am and I am still sitting on my bed dressed in my PJs. The light is softly sparkling through the blinds. I decided at about 05:30hrs this morning that I would take an impromptu flex day. I was just feeling too tired, too exhausted, too pregnant, to drag myself out of bed and on to work. I am fortunate enough to have a great guy for a boss so I flicked him an email and got a cheery “no worries – enjoy your day” response.

There are a thousand things I could be doing. There is washing in the laundry waiting to be hung out. There is cleaning, washing floors, dusting, vacuuming… There is sewing that I want to sew, hooking that I want to hook, photos that I want to take, organise, file. Songs I want to load onto the iPod. Gardening that needs to be done. Appointments that need to made and shopping that needs to be done. I’ve been working some l-o-n-g days, getting into work before 6am and not leaving until 8pm, so there are so many jobs that are backing up around here.

BUT… I think I might just sit here. Here in my cozy bed with my computer on my lap. Resting. Stretching my legs and wiggling my toes. It is time to just be.

9 comments:

  1. Hope that ou are enjoying your quiet flex day at home, with your feet up and a pot of tea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your day of rest lovely it sounds like you deserve to take some much needed relaxing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having a list and then ignoring it in favour of rest and relaxation! Stay in your pj's all day and take it easy while you still can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a grand plan. Are you still sticking to it or has the list interferred in the rest? Cherrie at 3 in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sal they are very long days - no wonder you feel weary I hope you put the list aside and took some time to 'plank' on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time for peace is precious indeed. Clever you, Sally. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. enjoy Sally, I think you've earned it xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOOD on you! Wish I was as relaxed as you... could do with days like this...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, if you can do it, do! Just make sure that it is time enjoyed and there is no doubt or guilt with it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.