Thursday, May 19, 2011

a nursery for bub

We’ve started to prepare the nursery in anticipation of the arrival of our newest family member.

painting scraps

Formerly a green room we’re going for a lighter brighter feel this time around. The intention is to paint the walls white and then fill the room with colourful accessories and toys. We’ve hit a few snags though. The very original paint, under the coats of green that we’d applied on moving in, started to peel so we’ve been scraping paint. It’s an awful job.

scraping paint

What I had thought would be a quick and easy job is starting to turn into the never-ending-story. I can’t wait to finish so that I can start building furniture and then eventually sewing bits and pieces for this special space.

For more creative spaces head on over there.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I do not envy you that job! I've had to scrap paint and it is no fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sally. What a big job, but it will be a beautiful space I am sure.
    Keep us posted.
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uuugh, I hate the prep bit for painting, i like the painintg bit. We did Busys room white too, it s has lots of bright stuff, I like it like that, in fact the whole house is like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! It's bad enough just having to do a window frame, let alone the walls as well!

    I can't wait to see the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe we have started working on ours too, or rather I need to empty my craft room (thankfully the man has agreed to build a studio for me) to decorate for our oldest girl to move into. We will keep the walls etc white too and just decorate, seems easier to change as she gets older.

    Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, renovating is the pits like that, isn't it? No matter how long you anticipate a job taking, you always have to double it and make two extra trips to the hard ware!

    Or is that just me? :)

    Can't wait to see the finished results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's maybe not a lovely job but the result shall be Great! And think of the little baby laughing in his bed....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yick! What a painful job! I'm sure it will look wonderful in the end though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.