Tuesday, September 27, 2011

five weeks

5wks 1. 5wks 2. 5wks 3.5wks 4. 5wks 5. 

Still loads and loads of baby love in these parts.

Random points about life at the time of baby O’s birth:

  • milk $1/litre; bananas $12/kg; petrol c.$1.40/ltr; adult movie ticket $21;
  • wet, cold and overcast September – only small glimpses of Spring weather
  • Julia Gillard Prime Minister, labour minority federal govt; Colin Barnet Premier of WA
  • introduction of ‘carbon tax’ legislation
  • #1 song in Australia: Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye featuring Kimbra
  • big brother E loves rhyming words, drawing, Star Wars especially Darth Vader, tricking people
  • big sister M loves Dora The Explorer, dancing, playing follow the leader (she’s the leader)
  • pantone colour of the year for 2011: Honeysuckle
  • world economy woes, especially in Greece
  • civil war in Libya
  • footy finals – Swans lost to Hawthorn, Freo dumped Mark Harvey
  • peacocks are the new foxes which were the new owls

What do you think is note worthy about this particular time in the world?

9 comments:

  1. That is such a good idea. You know what I love the best....the last one! Made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool idea! My mum has a little newspaper cut out in my baby book from the day I was born with some of the top news stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And may I ad:
    I am wearing a tshirt with a knitted fox on it which mena s I am not as cool as I thought I was as clearly it should be a peacock. *sigh*

    Australian government considering "processing" of refugees offshore. Which is denying them there human rights. Your Mum thinks this is horrible because she is a wise woman and I agree with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what absolutely beautiful photos! I wrote similar things down when Bebito was born & have the newspaper (bad as The Advertiser is!) from the day he was born too. I agree with Cath, the asylum seeker issue is an interesting one as I'm sure things will change on that in the time our children grow - or maybe I just hope!

    Also, thanks for your comment yesterday. I had AND with Bebito which I never even knew was possible. This time I think I'm just seeing the world changing again and not knowing how I will feel or cope with it all. You did remind me to talk to the midwife though as I hadn't even thought of doing so. I see her tomorrow. Thanks! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww baby pics = cutenes.

    Yes, peacocks are in, owls have been artisted to death!!!

    Speaking of birds - the West Coast Eagles came from wooden spooners to compete in the preliminary final in one year - goodonya boys and Woosha...

    and Gotye is playing on the radio right now....

    Spookiness

    Take care and all the best, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhwwww melt my heart photos...

    They are a bit of a distraction... cannot think of worldly issues with these pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures. I also love the list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great idea Sally, I noticed Banana's were $10.98 a kilo this morning, they are gradually coming down.
    Have a great weekend.
    bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the list, such a great idea and look at little O an his tummy and holding his head up....so strong :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.