Thursday, September 22, 2011

meet merv

1. Merv
This is Merv. He can be tad shy and reserved, well until he gets to know you anyway.  Merv is very thoughtful, and just like his cousin Morris rather sensitive. He likes to listen to Mozart as he drinks homemade lemonade through a paper straw. He is afraid of ladders.
2. Merv
It should go without saying that Merv is a passionate Sydney Swans supporter, and after last weekend has been feeling a little melancholy.
with friends
Not to worry. Hanging out with his friends Trevor and Victor always cheers him up.
Project notes: pattern by Jess from Pip’s first book, Meet Me At Mikes which I borrowed from my local library. Merv’s eye colour is amber, unlike his cousin Morris who has yellow eyes.
Be sure to check out all the creativity blossoming over here.

21 comments:

  1. Wow Sal, he's amazing! I actually thought that he was one of Jess little creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, i don't just like him, I LOOOOVE Merv!! he's superb, and has great taste too, and well i get the whole ladder fear frankly!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super CUTE!! I so need to learn how to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwww... Merv is just gorgeous! It's so funny how they have their own little personalities hey! I love his little friends too... so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Merv just needs a big cuddle , how gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I have seen this little guy in meet me at mike's but I'm a very novice crocheter so have not attempted him. I LOVE his little furry friend too. Thanks for your comments on my blog! Suz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you're so clever! I am in awe of people who can make these cute amigurami (sp?) animals! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. merv is darling. love him. thanks for visiting my place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merv's personality is so fitting. He is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, how gorgeous! Planning a big family?

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are too cute! Love the wee ring-in in the middle! My husband had a bear like this one that my daughter is now obsessed with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is GORGEOUS! I love the way you wrote this post. "He's afraid of ladders' made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merv is so cute! I must do some more crochet. Glad I'm not the only one who has conversations in their head!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Merv is adorable too, and like the way you've given him an interesting personality, bringing him to life on your blog :)Sam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merv is adorable!! I wonder if I can get that book over here ... must go and google it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merv...I understand you are shy, and I am not sure how to tell you this...but, I think I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merv looks amazing!I currently have the pattern open in front of me but I am struggling to get past round 1. Back to the pattern I go!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my! Merv is gorgeous! I just placed a hold on a copy of Meet Me at Mikes at my library.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.